Friday, January 6, 2012

He moves!

As I was waiting at the airport to pick M's grandmother up after her long journey from Winnipeg, I felt the baby moving around for the first time. It was a fluttering sensation just above my pubic bone. Very cool!

19 weeks. Almost half-way through the pregnancy. I'm feeling so much better than I was in November. I've got my energy back. But being at the half-way mark, everything is starting to loom large (except my bladder). The planner in me wants to start putting together the baby-stuff and getting prepared for his arrival, but since we're still waiting on the genetic screening results before making a final decision, I'm sort of in limbo.

I'm doing my best to be okay with that.

Meanwhile, I'm getting excellent prenatal care through Kaiser. The follow-up is amazingly thorough -- or at least that is my experience. Then again, mine is classified as a high-risk pregnancy. I'm taking my blood pressure daily and they call once a week to go over the numbers. We're watching out for toxemia/preeclampsia.

So far, so good. I was in pretty good health before the pregnancy, so its a matter of maintaining that. I've got the prenatal vitamins, the Vit D and B-12, calcium chews, and thyroid meds to help with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not sure how good the Blogger spam comment filter is, so I'm moderating all comments for now.